Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Self-Advertisement

As some of you may know, each week I present a radio show commenting on American life, in a slightly less sardonic tone than that reserved for this blog. It too is called "Swearing to the Flag." It is broadcast on London station Resonance FM, hence the link at the side. Some of you may be in for a surprise if you hear it. But that is the risk I am poised to take, as I have belatedly worked out how to put each show on-line, for you to download at your convenience, or perhaps inconvenience given the size of the file. In this week's show, I visit a strange monastery, laugh at James Frey, and speculate on whether, erm, new media is any good.

Hmm...perhaps you'd just better download it and take a listen.

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EQAJBECLAJEG14YFEQ1YA4QLK

I also play music, which this week comes from the Art Ensemble of Chicago and The Spinto Band. Suggestions welcome for tracks in the future. They have to be...American. So that only leaves a few. Nat King Cole? Anal Cunt?

5 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KWMD-FM 90.7 & 104.5 in Kasilof & Anchorage Alaska wants to broadcast "Swearing to The Flag." We are asking permission. By the way, I do think Resonance-FM resonates with me.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to say
I've been enjoying the radio show and the blog. Good work, young grasshopper. In fact, some completely non-Cambridge related friends were recommending Resonance FM to me the other day, so that can't be bad. Love Laura x

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matey, your sendit file has expired. I was going to place you reverently next to Ricky Gervais on my iPod. Alas, that opportunity is vorgepasst. Gros bisous, Jx

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger greenpoint said...

Dear KWMD,

I would be more than happy to let your station broadcast "Swearing to the Flag." I have heard many splendid things about Alaska, and consider a number of Alaskans among my closest friends. They tell me often of the wonderful natural splendours of their home state. I feek that KWMD-FM would therefore be an ideal platform. I would also be more than happy to play some traditional Alaskan music, if you were minded to make suggestions. I watched "Fargo", and enjoyed it greatly.

Yours sincerely,

Ewan Jones

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KWMD here: Dear Mr. Greenpoint. I have created a temporary e-mail address for contact. Please find me at frozen@kyes.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home